Monday, January 24, 2011

New music

Recently, I've been really in love with acoustic music. So I got really excited when I found a couple new bands while looking around other band pages. Here's how it went...
It all started when I was looking at a page for Lakes, a local band I heard a few weeks ago. They're a rock group, but more of a softer folksy kind of rock (according to me). Check them out here.

I discovered that one of their members is in another band called Honey Trees, a local group that classify themselves as "dream pop." I think they may have created their own new genre. It's lovely. Listen to the Honey Trees here.

This discovery subsequently led me to my final, and favorite, discovery. I saw the name Civil Wars and decided to give them a try. Oh, my goodness. They're awesome. The Civil Wars, an Americana band, consists of Joy Williams, her piano, John Paul White (a perfect Johnny Depp doppelganger) and John Paul's guitar. And a little foot stomping. Two people, two instruments, one huge sound. Can't get enough of their song, "Barton Hollow." Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment