Sunday, March 13, 2011

elementary school


A couple weeks ago, I went to Pacheco Elementary School, my old elementary school! My Spanish class went for Read Across America Day, a day to celebrate literacy and a love of reading in kids. We went to all the classrooms and read to the kids in English and Spanish (because Pacheco is a bilingual school) and it was so fun! I read to kindergarteners, who were absolutely adorable. They insisted that we sing a song about barnyard animals with them and gave me a purple bracelet to remember reading to them. I also read to my friend's third grade class and they were wonderful. The kids were young enough to be fun and silly and sweet, but old enough to have real attention spans and be able to hold deeper conversations. It was such a fun day :) I'm hoping to go back soon!
Did you have a favorite grade in elementary school? What do you remember about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment